For 30 years of MST3K, we have been subjected to experiments of cheesy movies but we never entered the theater without the words, “We’ve got Movie Sign!” to flashing alarm lights! When I decided to go back on this recipe from a year ago, I decided to add one more thing: actual lights! I thought at first Christmas lights would be the best idea for a bulb but I soon saw different types. I tried to pick up something not to burn your house down. This is a neat (and cheap) trick for a decoration! Here’s what you will need:
- Red Jell-O (pre-made cups or mix)
- Purple Jell-O (mix)
- Yellow Jell-O (mix)
- 3 cup boiling water
- 3 cup cold water
- 3 LED tea lights
- Small clear cups
- A box with 3 circular holes or at least something to hold up Jell-O cups and hide tea lights
If you decide to use mix I’ll go into that now:
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to each gelatin mixes until dissolved
- Pour in cold water and stir
- Pour into small clear cups
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or over night (I refrigerated it all night) until firm
Now to get sent that cheesy movie alarm!
- Place 3 tea lights below box or the 3 holes
- Now place Jell-O cups on top of each hole from left to right in the order alone
- First yellow, then purple, and finally red
- Make sure tea lights are on and place decoration on your table!
Now “We’ve Got Food Sign!” Enjoy this holiday table top decoration that is sure to bring riffs or at least the talk of the crowd!
I’m going to retake this photo because the Jell-o was not just right!