Turkey Day is almost here and what better way to celebrate with cake! Who needs pies? Just kidding of course! I have been practicing with this cake mold of a turkey recently. I’ll leave it up to you how to decorate it because I want you to decorate your own design! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 boxes of Funfetti Vanilla Mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Non stick spray (Mine had flour in it)
- Vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Turkey Mold Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Long Knife (Make sure to have it be able to cut into cake
- Icing Knife
Now to bake a turkey that won’t take all day to prepare and bake!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Pour 1 bag of Funfetti mix into mixing bowl
- Add 3 eggs
- Pour 1 cup of Water
- Add 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
- Mix with whisk until light
- Spray one side of Turkey Mold Pan with Non Stick Spray (wipe it around the side leaving coating of spray for best results)
- Pour the batter into one side of mold pan
- Repeat steps 2 through 8 for second batter to put in second mold
- Place mold in oven for 39-43 minutes for 350° (Check if cooked through by sticking toothpick into cake. If the toothpick is clean, it is ready.)
- Remove from oven after baked throughly.
- Set and let cool for 10-15 minutes
- Slice cake with cutting knife so that each side is even.
- Remove slices and place them apart.
- Flip one slice upside down and frost inner side of turkey.
- Repeat frosting on second slice of cake
- Carefully attach frosted slices together.
- Decorate cake anyway you want. Drizzle with chocolate or pipe frosting colors of your choice.
Now enjoy this new turkey day dessert. Hope it becomes a new tradition